Introduction to Business Tutor
Location: Skills and Training
We would like to offer group introductory Business classes to the ladies at the Marylebone Project. As a Business Tutor, you would support our ladies to gain the confidence and skills to develop some basic business skills, like bookkeeping, creativity and marketing.
If you are confident in your knowledge of running a business, would be comfortable leading a weekly tutoring session for a small group of service users, and are interested in empowering homeless women to learn new skills, we would be delighted to hear from you! Although previous tutoring experience is not essential, some experience of skill sharing may be beneficial.
The Marylebone Project will provide any resources required to deliver the tutoring and we reimburse all reasonable out-of-pocket expenses for our volunteers.
- To facilitate regular, small group sessions for service users, enabling them to develop an understanding of some of the skills needed to run a small business.
- To devise a tutoring programme enabling support learners to develop confidence in some fundamental business skills
- To select and advise on resources for delivering the tutoring sessions and enhance participants’ learning
- To regularly monitor and record students’ progress
- To ensure that the women behave respectfully to one another during the session
- To intervene during low level disputes between service users i.e. minor disagreements/misunderstandings
- To report any issue and concern to the Centre team
- In the event of a serious incident occurring, immediate contact will need to be made with staff on shift (i.e. via telephone or panic alarm)
- To maintain the level of confidentiality of service users in line with the Marylebone Project policies and procedures
- To follow the Marylebone Projects ‘code of conduct’ and ‘boundaries and good practice’
To apply for this volunteering role, please download the volunteer application form
and complete including anything specifically requested in the role details. When you are ready to submit your application, please upload your completed application form and select ‘Apply now’.