Language Tutor (Italian or Spanish)
Location: Skills and Training
We would like to offer beginners level tutoring in either Spanish or Italian language to the ladies at the Marylebone Project. As a Volunteer Language Tutor, you would support our ladies to gain the confidence and basic skills required to speak, read and write in Italian or Spanish.
If you’re confident in your use of either language, would be comfortable leading a weekly tutoring session for a small group of service users, and are interested in empowering homeless women to learn new skills, we’d be delighted to hear from you! Although previous tutoring experience is not essential, some experience of skill sharing may be beneficial.
The Marylebone Project will provide any resources required to deliver the tutoring and we reimburse all reasonable out-of-pocket expenses for our volunteers.
- To facilitate regular, small group Italian or Spanish tutoring sessions for service users, enabling them to develop basic language skills
- To devise a tutoring programme enabling Italian/Spanish language beginners to develop the confidence and basic skills necessary to speak, read and write in Spanish/Italian
- To select and advise on resources for delivering the tutoring sessions and enhance participants’ learning
- To regularly monitor and record students’ progress
- To ensure that the women behave respectfully to one another during the session
- To intervene during low level disputes between service users i.e. minor disagreements/misunderstandings
- To report any issue and concern to the Centre team
- In the event of a serious incident occurring, immediate contact will need to be made with staff on shift (i.e. via telephone or panic alarm)
- To maintain the level of confidentiality of service users in line with the Marylebone Project policies and procedures
- To follow the Marylebone Projects ‘code of conduct’ and ‘boundaries and good practice’
To apply for this volunteering role, please download the volunteer application form
and complete including anything specifically requested in the role details. When you are ready to submit your application, please upload your completed application form and select ‘Apply now’.