Volunteer Social Enterprise Assistant
We run social enterprises; Munch in Marylebone (catering business) and Space in Marylebone (meeting room venue). Through these we provide training and volunteering opportunities to our service users, in order to empower them with skills needed for employment. We are looking for a volunteer to assist the Marylebone Social Enterprise Team with managing bookings at our meeting room venue, SPACE in Marylebone.
- Is passionate about hospitality and has excellent customer service skills.
- Has an awareness of the challenges faced by homeless people, and homeless women.
- Is hard working and committed.
- Is reliable and flexible.
- Is friendly and approachable.
- Is a team player.
- Lives out our values.
- Has basic IT skills.
- uIs looking for a volunteering position that offers flexibility rather than a set weekly commitment.
- Providing excellent customer service and a warm welcome to our customers and visitors.
- Reception duties.
- Setting up refreshments and equipment in the meeting rooms prior to arrival.
- Dealing with guest queries or complaints and resolving these wherever possible.
- Clearing away and closing the room after the guests have departed. This may involve setting up for a booking the following day.
We would also love to hear about any specific about any specific skills you may like to use to support the enterprise!
Flexible. Mostly evenings, weekends or early mornings on an ad-hoc basis, depending on volunteer’s availability.
What you could get out of it
- Customer service experience
- Experience working in a charity
- Knowledge of working with vulnerable people
Other relevant information
We would love to hear from you, whatever your availability! We are looking for volunteers on an ad-hoc basis, dependent on when we have bookings.
By volunteering in the social enterprise, you will be enabling us to spend more time training and equipping our women with skills for employment
What to do if you’re interested
Please contact Ruhamah Sonson, Centre Manager on Ruhamah.email@example.com
She will have a chat with you about the role or invite you in to the Project for a quick chat.
You’ll then be asked to complete a short form and give us some details for a reference, this is to make sure we fulfil our duties to recruit staff and volunteers safely.
To apply for this volunteering role, please download the volunteer application form
and complete including anything specifically requested in the role details. When you are ready to submit your application, please upload your completed application form and select ‘Apply now’.